Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pedagogical New Year's resolutions?

So it's twenty eleven. Or two thousand eleven. 2011. Whatever.

A good moment to think about teaching-related New Year's resolutions (I asked a few years back. Do your remember yours?)


Here's mine:

I'm going to cold call on students — consistently. I've been reluctant to do this in the past, and every quarter I start out doing it, and then I seem to forget. But I think cold calling sets a tone where students need to be prepared, and based on my student evaluations, students seem to want me to cold call. So I shall.

Yours?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to go back and try some of Nathan's other ideas from the post a few years ago. I tried some learning activities over the past 2 years or so. Some have worked better than others, and I want to give some others a shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep organized class lecture notes.

    Of course, by week 2 I'll have broken that promise, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to use your name and don't have a blogger profile, please mark Name/URL in the list below. You can of course opt for Anonymous, but please keep in mind that multiple anonymous comments on a post are difficult to follow. Thanks!